Druk Path Trek Bhutan Itinerary – Example
The following itinerary outlines a possible itinerary for your Druk Path Trek in Bhutan.
Custom Druk Path Trek Bhutan
Customised treks which differ from this itinerary are always organisable. It’s always possible to extend the trek for example if you would like to spend more time in Paro and/or Thimphu.
Don’t hesitate to contact us in order to discuss your preferences, wants and needs.
We are flexible and your personal preferences (and those of your group’s members) matter most to us when organising your Druk Path Trek in Bhutan.
Druk Path Trek Bhutan Trek Cost
Our Druk Path Trek Bhutan Package covers the following costs:
- Pick up from and drop off at the hotel and the airport
- Standard government-approved accommodation (in twin sharing rooms) for the duration of the tour
- Full-board meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea & snacks – for the duration of your stay
- Tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek. (We will provide fully water proof two men tents, dining tents, kitchen gear, dining table, chairs, toilet tents, shower tent etc.)
- Drinking water for the duration of the tour
- Licensed English-speaking Bhutanese tour guides
- Private transportation and a designated driver within Bhutan
- Luggage will be hauled by horses, mules or yaks at higher elevations, if required
- Monument and museums entrance fees at all sightseeing locations detailed in the itinerary
- Bhutan visa fees and processing assistance
- Government royalty (35% of $200), which goes to the country’s health and education projects
- All route access and monument entry permits and fees
- All government taxes, official expenses and tourist service charges
The following costs are excluded and not covered by our Druk Path Trek Bhutan Package:
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Your travel insurance (mandatory for the trip, see the travel insurance page)
- Expenses of personal nature, such as laundry
- Alcoholic and cold drinks
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Tips for tour guides, porters, driver, hotel lobby and in restaurants. (Tipping is expected)
- Other expenses not mentioned in the Included costs section
Druk Path Trek Bhutan – Trip Facts
Druk Path Trek Bhutan Difficulty
How hard is the Druk Path Trek in Bhutan? This trek has a moderate difficulty level.
Druk Path Trek Bhutan Altitude
The Druk Path Trek in Bhutan reaches a maximum altitude of approximately 4,090 m.
Druk Path Trek Bhutan Best Time of Year
The best season to enjoy a Druk Path Trek in Bhutan is from March – May and from September – November.
Minimum Required Group Size
The minimum group size is 1 person.
Highlights of the Druk Path Trek
- Taktsang Monastery/ Tiger’s Nest
- Views of Mt. Gangker Phuensum
- Lake Jimilangtsho
- Sightseeing around Thimphu
- Trek to Simkotra (4,090m)
Video 1 – Visiting Tiger’s Nest Monastery
Video 2 – Druk Path Trek Bhutan
Video 3 – Drone Footage of Druk Path Trek in Bhutan
Video 4 – Druk Path Trek Bhutan
Druk Path Trek Bhutan – Image Gallery